Monday, November 15, 2010

It is not Thanksgiving yet, but I am starting early with a family home evening tonight, and so I have been contemplating gratitude. I am so thankful for parents that just were grateful. They lived it and did not teach it with paper and pen. I feel grateful daily for many things, and I hope I am living it. It makes the family home evening matter less. Today is beautiful, and as I stepped out for my run I silently thanked God for lifting me with the beauty of his creation. I ran by the elementary school and heard the principal on the loud speaker defining gratitude at the very moment I was thinking how lucky my kids are to go to beautiful schools with loving teachers. I spent a four day weekend with family and can't express the blessing I feel to be a part of them. I am thankful for my nephew who turned 14 yesterday. He is kind and loving and interested in my younger children. When we went around the table to tell him what we like about him, little Brody said, "I love Justin because I love him." I know exactly what you mean Brody! That is how I feel about all my family here and far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment