Friday, January 29, 2010

My little Brody just makes me smile sometimes. Thank goodness because there are plenty of times I am sure my face is twisted in an ugly knot because of something he has done or won't do! He has been so happy this week. He is trying to learn the first article of faith - he almost has it but when he forgets a word he says, "shhh, it's a secret." Last night he asked me why daddy sleeps in his "gardens". He has been turning everything into a "shooter" lately, and I have told him that if he points at people I will take the shooters away. He decided to turn his finger into a shooter and told me there was no way I could take his finger off and put it on top of the refrigerator! He is working on his daddy for a swing set we saw at a friends house. He asked me this morning and then grinned and said, "I'm going to go whisper to daddy that he is in charge of it." This kid would not watch TV. I know this should have been a wonderful thing, but he has been a busy guy, and I would have loved to have gotten a shower knowing the TV was babysitting. Suddenly he has become interested. The odd part - he wants to watch "Fancy Jewel". This is really the old Hardy Boys staring "Nancy Drew". These shows are old and slow for a 3 year old, but he will watch an entire episode. I keep saying don't you want to watch Sesame Street? His reply, "No, I want to see the bad guys and watch the pretty girl." Do you think I am in trouble? With the monotony of my "job", I need these little moments to keep me going with a smile. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

1 comment:

  1. Haley Girl!
    What a fun surpise to find your post and your blog today! much more fun than just an annual christmas picture!!
    Cant believe you have SIX!! But, yes, I can. ANd I know you are one of those supermoms. Not the perfect ones but who need to tell you all the time, but the real ones who just quietly raise their children with love and go 100 miles an hour.
    Miss you since our visit when Luke was 7 weeks old.
    Cant wait to have more time to read other pages. Thanks so much for finding me!!
    xxx
    cant wait to read "the Help." have heard it is excellent. I highly recommend Jodi Picoult's latest: "Handle with Care." I am a huge fan of hers, but other than My Sisters; Keeper this is my fave.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete