Sunday, May 16, 2010

O.K. I know this blog thing is mostly for the family, but I just have to complain. I am so irritated by the Bath and Body Works new ad campaign. I went in just before Mothers Day when several fathers and sons were shopping. There are huge life size posters of completely naked (practically anorexic) women hanging at every turn. Now, I appreciate the female form - it is actually quite lovely. When you have a teenage son, however, things just change. I wanted to cover the eyes. Doesn't Bath and Body Works realize that their market is 30-50 year old women that are concerned about hand sanitizer and dry scaly skin? I would have gone into Victoria Secret without the kids if I wanted to be swayed by the ad campaign of naked anorexic women. This is exactly what I told the 50 year old wrinkled lady working behind the counter too. Her reply, "I completely understand. I have to look at it for 8 hours at a time. Did you know that Bath and Body Works is owned by Victoria Secret?" Well I think they hung their posters in the wrong store!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes that is terrible!! You should call them or send them a nasty email! I don't think those kind of posters should be hung anywhere!

    ReplyDelete