Sunday, October 9, 2011

Davin turns 18

Yes it is difficult to believe, but I have come to accept that my baby is an adult. He is an amazing individual and has been blessed with gifts and talents that have helped him to be successful and happy and to serve others. I wonder sometimes if we have taught him all that he needs to know to go out into the world at the end of this school year, and the thought makes me gulp for air. I am cramming a little now to be honest, and I have never been a crammer! Love you tons bud.


The Friend party
Here is a shot I snapped of some of the friends with "the jumpy". Davin had to have a jumpy and he was right, it was a huge hit. The party was fun and crowded - I think Davin was satisfied with the last friend b-day party this mama is going to throw him.

The family party

Thanks nana and grandpa for the birthday steaks! Davin was happy to get some red meat, and I was happy not to have to cook it. It was a relaxing day in Irvine, and watching conference with you guys is the best.

The real birthday

Davin opened his presents surrounded by his "people". From the time Davin was little and could talk, he would ask where his "people" were whenever there was an occasion. Back then it was a couple of cousins, some dear friends that lived near nana. Now it is these guys. I know they bug you sometimes, but nothing is the same with out your "people". You have learned so much patience, tolerance, and love from your "people" - I have seen tremendous growth in you in this area in the last year especially!

Perry Homecoming 2011

Thank you thank you thank you for being a beautiful young woman inside and out.

We had 1 hour to shop. Perry tried on 16 dresses at a bargain store and found one that was modestly beautiful and affordably priced that made her happy. I hope this is not beginners luck for this in the Guinn house as we have a lot more dress finding to do I am sure. The dresses were so short this year I heard one dad say, "These aren't homecoming dresses, these are San Diego night out on the town club dresses." Not Perry's! You rock!


Perry's friend Eric had 8 dates!

Kelsee, Nichole, Brooklyn, Perry, Liz, Eric, Sage, Audrey, and Kristen have been friends for a long time so it was so fun that they all went to the dance together and that Perry let me take some pictures and be the chauffeur.

I hope you made some good high school memories Miss Perry!
















1 comment:

  1. I know how you are feeling so well Haley! Your kids are beautiful and so grown up now. It's amazing isn't it how fast that happened? Good luck with the college choice making. It's so difficult to let our kids make their own choices. No doubt, you have raised them well though. i am sure the Davin will succeed no matter where he goes. He has your genes... Its in his blood. xoxo

    ReplyDelete