Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vacation 2010
The only picture from our Vegas stop is Brad with Lynnette. We only stayed for 24 hours but managed to have a birthday celebration with Forrest, swimming, paint ball games. For Brody the highlight was the army men that uncle Travis shared!


Perry is the whole reason we took this vacation. She earned half the money to go to BYU soccer camp with 3 of her best friends, so we took her and made the trip our family vacation. Just look at these beautiful female athletes!

The boating was definitely a highlight. Thank you Wayne and Jimelle for the crazy driving - our Brody turned 4 shortly thereafter and kept telling me now that I am 4, I like tubing. As is clear from the picture being still 3 he was not able to like it!


Here is the guinn gang minus miss Perry with the Schlosser girls. We spent this day in Salt Lake City at temple square. It was a really beautiful day and the kids loved it - especially the visitor's center, and they thought the Joseph Smith building was like a palace.


We made a quick stop to visit Uncle Matt and Aunt Julie, but most of all to meet Madeleine. They also got to see Kellen for the first time. We wouldn't have missed this for the world!


We spent lots of time with Jessie. I loved this most of all. She has been special to me since she was born, and I love her so much. This is the apartment we helped her move out of so she could move into a new amazing one. Her new apartment has leather couches and a flat screen TV. She is not spoiled though. One of the things I am most proud about Jessie is that she is 19 and completely self sufficient. She works so hard and long and manages her money (with a little advice from her Dad). I hope her cousins will be as responsible!

Here is the family minus Kellen who was sleeping in the car. He was a trooper I tell you. No schedule with hit and miss naps, and he was happy as can be. This night we had a picnic and played in the river up the canyon - of coarse I can't remember the name of the canyon. I can't believe school is starting next week. I am one of the moms who loves having her children home. I am always surprised when another mother says she can't wait for school to start back up. Sure there is a little more sweeping and weeping and screaming, but it is worth every minute we are together as a family. To all my children - I love you, I love you, I love you.




2 comments:

  1. What a fun vacation, one that looks like you and the kids will always remember. I love the pictures!!! Thanks again for filling in as mother to Kelsee while she was up at BYU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brody is so funny in that tubing picture. I love how he is trying to redeem himself now that he is 4.

    ReplyDelete