Friday, June 25, 2010

Fathers Day



The kids love their dad. They know he loves them. I love their dad, and they know that too. It is the strangest thing, but there are moments when I catch him passing the soccer ball around with someone or helping a 3 year old try to catch a fish in a pond with a net when he knows it just isn't going to happen, or smeared with dirt and sweat from putting a used play set up in the backyard, or hugging a daughter that needs to know her dad thinks she is beautiful, and I find myself thinking my kid's dad is so hot! Our kids definitely have an advantage because of their father's love and support!

My dad is the best. I had an advantage because of his love and support for me. I always felt so proud that he was "my" dad. He is an athlete, scholar, veteran and loves to have fun. As a child he went on field trips, coached teams, helped with homework, took me out on dates and in general was always my buddy. As an adult he has dropped everything for me when I have needed him, and he is still my buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment