Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Break 2010



Emmie's princess vacation at Nana and Grandpa's house. There is nothing like feeling special for a couple of days when you are part of a big family.



Thought I would post a rare shot of Brad and me. We are getting older by the minute, but we still like each other most of the time :)!



Kellen's first trip to the beach - he was a trooper with the wind, sand, and sunblock.


Perry's State Cup action shot. She is fun to watch, but then I am definitely partial.




Josie at the beach sporting her new bathing suit. Josie, I believe you are what they call a bathing beauty.






Brody has been waiting since last summer to go back to the beach. His day finally came, and it was the happiest he's been in weeks! He didn't even complain about the sticky sand.




Girl shot. Oh wait, I spy a boy in there :). You can see a glimpse of Perry's new bathing suit in this one.




Boy shot. It looks a little different than girl shot don't you think?





Brooke and Perry - friends for life cousins forever.







I have thoroughly enjoyed spring break. Busy mothers need the two week break. I hold no mothers including myself accountable for time schedules, dinner menus, educational improvement with their children, or good nutrition. I stop short at bath time! Family is a must and spontaneity too. It takes the first week to talk myself into letting go, and the second week to really go for it. This spring break, Perry earned 200$ running a kids club, had sleepovers and played her first state cup game. Davin ran his first post surgery race, worked out a lot, had sleepovers, and went to movies. Josie had sleepovers and her first break from soccer in a year. Emmie got to be part of the kids club, did a princess vacation at nana's, and a sleepover with cousin Lauren. Brody got just what he wanted from the Easter bunny, a light saber, and a day at the beach. Kellen didn't get his nap - hardly ever! The door to our home seemed to be open constantly. I got to touch my older children at least 20 times a day, which I know is optimal for emotional growth - they just don't seem to agree. I got to workout without babies and toddlers. I also took a lot of pictures with my new toy. I got to go out with the girls and see the play, "Legally Blonde". I took my two big girls and Kellen for a sleepover at Nana's. This included dinner, shopping (shopping is a big sacrifice for me, but nana always pulls through for her girls), relaxation, and breakfast. Now back to the grind until summer! Just like I tell Brody, "I think I can, I think I can!"
























4 comments:

  1. I can't get over how much Kellen looks like Brad! :) Such a cute family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for putting up a picture of you and Brad! You don't want your kids growing up and not having any pictures of you guys. It's hard as moms to remember to have pictures of ourselves. You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures. Your beach pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures look great - I bet you love your camera! Oh, I am exhausted reading about your Spring Break. Looks like the kids had a blast though!!

    ReplyDelete